GAP YEAR TRAVEL IDEAS
TrekAmerica is the leading company when it comes to young & fun small group adventures across North America.
After more than 40 years of operating adventure tours, we know where all the great and unusual sites & activities are and how to give you an outstanding gap year travel experience in America that's both fun and great value for money.
With over 50 trips to choose from ranging from 3 - 80 days throughout USA, Canada, Alaska & Central America we have it covered!
Get the most out of your Gap Year
- Live the American dream on your Gap Year. Cruise along the freeway, tunes cranked, wind in your hair, not a care in the world and getting off the beaten track with a whole continent in front of you to discover! Whatever you're looking for we have the USA covered - from the canyon lands of the Southwest to the mean streets of New York; from the beaches of Florida to the mountains of Alaska - TrekAmerica has a tour with your name on it!
- TrekAmerica offers a unique travel experience embraced by travellers around the world. Designed for 18-38's you're guaranteed to be travelling with others of a similar age , and by experiencing those unique travel moments with a small group you will make new, life-long friends quickly and easily. And don't worry about travelling by yourself, over two-thirds of Trek's passengers join alone.
Some of the top Gap Year ideas waiting for you:
- Hiking in the National Parks including the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Arches, Bryce, Zion and many more.
- Exploring Monument Valley with Navajo Indians.
- White Water Rafting on America's mighty rivers.
- Horseback riding on an authentic western ranch.
- Mountain Biking on the "slickrock" trail in Utah.
- Casino hopping in Las Vegas.
- Hang out in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, Chicago, New Orleans and many more great American cities.
- Take a boat cruise to the base of Niagara Falls.
- And don't forget canoeing, zip-lining, kayaking and much, much more!
- So whether you're travelling alone or with a group of friends, there's no better way to fully experience America than with TrekAmerica. Our adventure tours help you get the most from your Gap Year.
This week's most wanted!
10 days from NEW YORK AREA
USA East - Lodging
If you live, breathe and dream about food, then is the tour for you. Treat your taste buds to some of America's foodie delights while travelling through some of the cultural and historical hotspots as you make your way from New York City to New Orleans.
Highlights: Eat your way from New York to New OrleansView tour
21 days from NEW YORK AREA
Cross Country - Camping
This one's topped our charts for 40 years, thanks to its blend of Eastern energy and slow-paced Deep South charm mingled with mountains, canyons and deserts, before a laid-back West Coast sign off. Yes sir, this is one varied snapshot of the States.
LATE BOOKING DISCOUNT AVAILABLE - SAVE 20%View tour
14 days from LOS ANGELES
USA West - Camping
Mix it up with one potent California, Nevada and Arizona cocktail. The Pacific Coast sets an ultra mellow tone while a blend of adrenaline-fuelled cities adds real zest to the mix. Serve on the rocks; none beat those around the Sierra Nevada and Grand Canyon
Highlights: An All Time Favourite | The Best of the WestView tour
8 days from NEW ORLEANS
USA East - Lodging
Leaving the buzzing city of New Orleans venture into historical Birmingham, Alabama before exploring the wild surrounds of the Great Smoky Mountains. Visit the birthplace of Blues and Rock & Roll before learning to line dance in Nashville and Memphis.
Highlights: Great Smoky Mountains | Nashville | MemphisView tour
14 days from NEW YORK AREA
USA East - Camping
Start amidst the corridors of power then veer off the tourist paths. DC, Chicago and NYC are fast-paced, but we even the balance with soaring peaks, Great Lakes and Niagara Falls. Add a soundtrack of blues, country & western and you've got the East covered.
LATE BOOKING DISCOUNT AVAILABLE - SAVE 15%View tour
80 days from MIAMI
Cross Country - Camping
Want to see it all? How about the chance to travel through the great 48 states of America's 50 in one delicious road trip extravaganza? Snake the continent taking in 19 National Parks, countless small towns and some of the craziest cities.
Highlights: Visit all 48 contiguous states of AmericaView tour