When you think of a road trip through the USA, your mind will probably wander to that big ole' canyon in Arizona, the dazzling lights that sweep across Vegas and the iconic Golden Gate Bridge in everyone's favourite city, San Francisco.
There is no doubt about it, the above places are great. But, what about those random places that you come across out of the blue? The places that your tour leader has known about since you set off, but has been keeping it a secret, knowing full well it will put a great big smile across your face as soon as you lay eyes on it.
With that in mind, we've chosen the top 10 most random places you didn't expect to see on a road trip...
1. A tree so big you can drive a Trek van through it in Redwood National Park
2. Four gigantic president heads made out of stone in Mount Rushmore, Northern USA
3. Hanging out at Foamhenge in Virginia, which is totally the new Stonehenge, didn't you know?
4. A wall plastered in gum in Seattle. It sounds disgusting, but looks pretty cool!
5. Hundreds of seals on a beach in California, funnily enough it's called Elephant Seal Beach and it's pretty cool!
6. The wonderful world of the Hoodoos in Bryce Canyon
7. Aliens in Roswell, however sightings are not guaranteed!
8. Devils Rock! Boy, is this one fine piece of rock!
9. Grab your graffiti can it's time to get creative at the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo
10. A big ole' bend in a big ole' canyon - in other words, Horseshoe Bend!
For the ultimate road trip experience, check out our full list of Coast to Coast tours, that really take in the best of the USA and all the cool random places in between!