7 days from
- Trek Code:
- USA West
- Age Range:
- > Explore Yosemite and Grand Canyon National Park
- > Tour Vegas in style with an included limousine ride
- > Travel along the original Route 66
What a week in Southwest USA! A double dose of National Park adventure, sandwiched right between three of its most unforgettable cities. Follow the route as shown below or go in reverse. In any case, we promise canyons, casinos and cacti, and the iconic Route 66.
- Cruise around Las Vegas in a super-stretch limo
- Walk San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
- Yosemite's striking peaks & Giant Sequoias
- See the bright lights of lively Las Vegas!
- Awesome Grand Canyon sunset/sunrise
- Journey along the famous Route 66
- Dip in the cool waters of the Colorado River
- Enjoy the glitz & glamour of Hollywood
- National Park admission to Yosemite & Grand Canyon
- Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader
- Private transportation with free Wi-Fi
- All accommodation - 4 camping & 2 hotel nights included.
- All camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
You can now check your email and update Facebook, Twitter and TrekAmerica Live while on the road with our wi-fi enabled vehicles. (Maximum 5 users at a time. Fair usage restrictions may apply. Only available in USA).
Our Western Wonder San Fran to LA Trek Tips include all you need to know about this Trek. They contain all the trip details, plus information on everything from visas to spending money and what to pack.
(Adobe Acrobat is required to read this pdf)
Download Trek Tips >
Our tours are aimed at young international travellers from around the world, aged 18 to 38, all with a sense of fun and a keen desire to explore. If you're travelling alone, don't worry... over 70% of our passengers are solo travellers and you'll soon be surrounded with like-minded people of a similar age who will quickly become your new best mates. Plus there are no single supplements.
Our tour price includes your own tour leader plus all transport and accommodation, so all you have to pay for are food, drinks and optional activities. Take a moment to add up all the costs of doing it yourself, and it soon becomes clear that a TrekAmerica trip offers fantastic value for money!
Read more about TrekAmerica here >
14 days from LOS ANGELES
Coast, cities and parks combine on this classic camping tour.> Read more
7 days from SAN FRANCISCO
Go from LA to San Francisco and see the best of the West.> Read more
Our routes have been carefully chosen to include the best night stops and highlights. However, as local conditions and passenger requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your Trek Leader you may modify certain night stops and highlights to give a truly unique experience!
There are loads of exciting optional activities for you to choose from during your trip giving you the flexibility to do the things you want to and leave out the things you don't. Below are the main optional activities for this trip, these can be arranged once you are on tour via your Tour Leader and are paid for locally.
- > Grand Canyon helicopter flight US$274
- > Grand Canyon IMAX theater US$15
- > Las Vegas clubs & casino shows US$10+
- > Bike rental in Yosemite US$12-$32
- > Las Vegas helicopter flight: US$115
- > Float trip on the Merced River in Yosemite US$30
- > Las Vegas rollercoasters US$14-$30
- > Las Vegas Gun Range from US$20-$100
- > Go Karting in Las Vegas US$25
- > Las Vegas VIP Club Tour (includes 4 clubs & limo) US$100
As this tour departs at 0730 we recommend that you book pre-tour accommodation. Please request hotel details at the time of booking.
Day 1-2: San Francisco & Yosemite National Park
Bid San Francisco a reluctant farewell and head east through California's gold country, where in 1848, the finding of a single nugget triggered a stampede of gold-seekers known as the 49'ers. With a scenic drive into the Yosemite National Park region, here you will get the opportunity to hike or bike through the extraordinary landscape of glacier-carved granite monoliths and spectacular waterfalls. Once inside Yosemite, keep your eyes peeled and your cameras at the ready for some incredible wildlife sightings. Bears often frequent the area and when the sun goes down listen out for coyotes howling amidst the pines and sequoias. This is a paradise for any lover of the outdoors and whatever activities you get up to in Yosemite, you're sure to have a blast.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 3-4: Las Vegas
As you cruise into the bright lights of Las Vegas you'll see why this place captures the imaginations of travellers from across the globe. See the best of this spectacular desert city as you cruise The Strip on an included limo ride. The shows, the casinos, the clubs; Sin City's glitziest and brashest spots are sure to impress and just remember, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"! If it's excitement you're after take a helicopter flight down The Strip and see the neon lights from above and if you've still got a head for heights hop onto one of the world's highest thrill rides at Vegas' Stratosphere. It's also very possible to get married in Vegas (don't worry, it's not legally binding unless you want it to be!) so live for the moment, and marry whoever (and whatever) you like!
Accommodation: Hotels included in tour price
Day 5: Grand Canyon National Park
Today you will visit the grandest canyon of them all and as soon as you lay eyes on this natural wonder you will soon see why the park attracts over 5,000,000 visitors every year. Keep your feet firmly on the ground or swoop above and see the Grand Canyon in all its glory on an optional helicopter flight. The Grand Canyon is magnificent from any angle, but it is when the sun is rising or setting that this place looks truly magical. One thing is for sure you will never forget your first glimpse of the canyon, whether it be from a walk along the rim or the ultimate birds eye view.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 6: Colorado River
Travel along the original Route 66 stopping at the quirky town of Seligman. Home to some of the country's finest Route 66 memorabilia, Seligman is a town that captures the very heart of life on the road. Prepare to be wowed by vast swathes of Arizona's cactus studded desert and take a refreshing dip in the Colorado River. Enjoy one last blast on your final evening together, before striking out for the beautiful Californian coast.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 7: Los Angeles
Fresh from nature's most dramatic sets, you've stepped right into Movieland itself. Take an included tour of Los Angeles' famous Hollywood Boulevard and snap away as you wander past some of the cities iconic sights. No visit to La La Land would be complete without a stroll along the boardwalk at Venice Beach, famous for its street performers and skate park, this is definitely where all the cool kids hang out.
This tour ends at approximately 17:00 hrs. We can book you post-tour accommodation at our gateway hotel if required. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
Book Your Trip Online
- > You only need to pay a deposit
- > Full payment is due 8 weeks before the tour departure
- > We are an ABTA and ATOL operator offering financial security for our inclusive tours.
- > If you prefer to book by telephone please contact our UK sales office
- > Prices below are land only. Call us on 0844 576 1400 for a flight inclusive quote
- We run a Food Kitty on this trip - you will need to contribute US$10 a day which covers all your meals whilst camping
- You will need adequate travel insurance to join this trip. Download our insurance tips pdf for more information.
Guaranteed: Tour will definitely operate. Book Now!
Available: Tour will be guaranteed once minimum numbers reached. Book Now!
Limited: Tour is guaranteed with last few seats remaining. Book Now!
Contact Us: Seats may be available. Please contact us.
Why not arrange your own TrekAmerica departure? For groups of 8 or more, we can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy our classic "Trek" style of travel at special rates. Although tours will run as per our standard itinerary shown here, slight modifications may be considered and dates can be chosen to suit your needs. (Subject to seasonal/operational restrictions). So contact us today and start planning your own adventure.
We've offer a whole range of travel extras with everything from city sightseeing, additional hotel nights, insurance and more so you can organise everything you'll need for your trip in one easy place.
If you are spending extra time in our gateway cities, you can now plan in advance by pre-booking unique city sightseeing day tours in addition to your TrekAmerica trip.
- SAN FRANCISCO & LOS ANGELES
- All city day tours are operated by local experts who are dedicated to take you behind the scenes so you know it like a local! When booking your TrekAmerica trip, simply select your chosen city tour from the Tour Extras section on the online booking form.
- > View City Tours
Click any image below to view in an enlarged gallery.
TrekAmerica Live Reviews
Read the latest Western Wonder San Fran to LA reviews below, powered by our community website - TrekAmerica Live.
Been on this trip? Leave a review here