7 days from
- Tour code:
- Group size:
- USA West
- Age range:
- > Explore Yosemite & Grand Canyon National Park
- > Tour Vegas in style with an included limousine ride
- > Travel along the original Route 66
What a week in Southwest USA! A double dose of national park adventure, right between three unforgettable cities, San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. This tour promises canyons, clubs, cacti and fun times on the iconic Route 66.
Au Pair Discount - Save 20%
All au pairs receive a 20% discount off all published prices displayed in the Dates & Prices tab. To receive your discount enter "333000" into the Discount Code field on the first page of the booking system and enter your Counselor, Coordinator or Area Director's details when prompted. Alternatively, quote the code and details to our reservations staff for telephone bookings. Discount cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Cruise around Las Vegas in a super-stretch limo
- Walk across San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
- Yosemite's striking peaks & Giant Sequoias
- See the bright lights of legendary Las Vegas
- Experience the epic Grand Canyon at sunset or sunrise
- Journey along the famous Route 66
- Dip in the cool waters of the Colorado River
- Enjoy the glitz & glamour of Hollywood
- National park admission to Yosemite & Grand Canyon
- Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader
- Private transportation with free Wi-Fi
- All accommodation - 4 camping & 2 hotel nights included
- All camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
You can now check your email and update Facebook, Twitter and TrekAmerica Live while on the road with our Wi-Fi enabled vehicles. (Maximum 5 users at a time. Fair usage restrictions may apply. Only available in USA).
Our Western Wonder San Fran to LA Trek Tips include all you need to know about this Trek. They contain all the trip details, plus information on everything from visas to spending money and what to pack.
Download Trek Tips >
Our tours are aimed at young international travellers from around the world, aged 18 to 38, all with a sense of fun and a keen desire to explore. If you're travelling alone, don't worry... over 70% of our passengers are solo travellers and you'll soon be surrounded with like-minded people of a similar age who will quickly become your new best mates. Plus there are no single supplements.
Our tour price includes your own tour leader plus all transport and accommodation, so all you have to pay for are food, drinks and optional activities. Take a moment to add up all the costs of doing it yourself, and it soon becomes clear that a TrekAmerica trip offers fantastic value for money!
Read more about TrekAmerica here >
Our routes have been carefully chosen to include the best overnight stops, highlights and included experiences, with plenty of optional activities to choose from. No two Trek trips are the same, with stops at some of your tour leader's favourite places and occasional changes to the itinerary, so get ready for one awesome adventure!
There are loads of exciting optional activities for you to choose from during your trip giving you the flexibility to do the things you want to and leave out the things you don't. Below are the most popular activities for this trip which can be arranged via your tour leader and paid for locally. Please note all costs are subject to change. Please note that not all optional activities may available on every tour and prices are subject to change.
- > Helicopter flight - Grand Canyon US$284
- > IMAX Theater - Grand Canyon US$15
- > Clubs & shows - Las Vegas US$10+
- > Bike rental - Yosemite US$12-$34
- > Helicopter flight - Las Vegas US$115
- > Float trip on the Merced River - Yosemite US$31
- > Roller coasters - Las Vegas US$14-$30
- > Gun range - Las Vegas US$20-$100
- > Go karting - Las Vegas US$25
- > VIP club tour (includes 4 clubs & limo) - Las Vegas US$100
As this tour departs at 0730 we recommend that you book pre-tour accommodation. Please request hotel details at the time of booking.
Day 1-2: San Francisco & Yosemite National Park
Bid San Francisco a reluctant farewell and head east through California; this sure is one good looking state! You'll know you're getting closer to Yosemite with the scenery outside your window getting better the closer you get to the national park. Once inside you'll have the opportunity to hike or bike through the extraordinary landscape of glacier-carved granite monoliths and spectacular waterfalls. Keep your eyes peeled and your cameras at the ready for some incredible wildlife sightings. You're often not the only ones exploring the park with bears seen frequently in the area, and when the sun goes down listen out for coyotes howling amidst the pines and sequoias. This is a paradise for any lover of the outdoors; whatever activities you get up to in Yosemite, you're sure to have a blast.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 3-4: Las Vegas
It's time get down and dirty in Sin City. Feel like a total boss as you cruise the Las Vegas Strip in your very own stretch limo. Party the night away in some of the best nightclubs around or, if that's not your bag, take in the thrills of the world's craziest roller coasters perched at the top of the Stratosphere. The shows, the the clubs, the all-you-can eat buffets; the Neon City's hottest spots are sure to impress. Just remember, `what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!' If you're still left wanting more, take a helicopter flight down the Strip to see the neon lights from above then for something a little different you can even have you own Vegas wedding! (Don't worry though, it's not for real!)!
Accommodation: Hotel included in tour price
Day 5: Grand Canyon National Park
As natural wonders go, the Grand Canyon is up there with the best of them! Luckily enough for you, you get spend loads of time exploring the park with your fellow Trekkers. As soon as you lay your eyes upon the vast canyon before you, there will be no words that can describe just how epic this place is. From sunset to sunrise the Grand Canyon will leave you inspired and wanting to see more of this desert wonderland. Keep your feet firmly on the ground or swoop above and see the Grand Canyon in all its glory on an optional helicopter flight. A hike along the South Kaibab Trail will lead you to the very aptly named `Ooh Aah Point' where you'll experience what it feels like to be in the canyon and see all of the its sheer awesomeness up close and personal.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 6: Route 66 & Colorado River
Just down the road from the Grand Canyon is an opportunity to pick up some awesome road trip souvenirs in Seligman, the birthplace of the original Route 66. This town captures the very heart of life on the road. Once you've had your fill of pure Americana, it's time to cruise through the vast, cactus studded desert of Arizona before ending the day with refreshing dip in the Colorado River. It's your final night with your new found friends, so get that campfire roaring and the s'mores toasting.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 7: Los Angeles
Fresh from nature's most dramatic sets, you've stepped right into Movieland itself. Take an included tour of Los Angeles' famous Hollywood Boulevard and snap away as you wander past some of the cities iconic sights. If you are staying on to explore the city, no visit to La La Land is complete without a stroll along the boardwalk on Venice Beach, famous for its street performers and skate park. This is definitely where all the cool kids hang out.
This tour ends at approximately 17:00 hrs. We can book you post-tour accommodation at our gateway hotel if required. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
Book Your Trip Online
- Book your tour with a deposit per person (no hidden fees)
- Pay your balance in instalments over the phone or via the website
- Pay your final balance 8 weeks before departure
- No additional fees if you choose to pay by credit card
- We hold ABTA & ATOL licenses offering financial security for your tour
- We run a Food Kitty on this trip - you will need to contribute US$10 a day which covers all your meals whilst camping
- You must have adequate travel insurance to join this trip. See our insurance page or download our insurance tips pdf for more information.
- Prices quoted are land only. Call us on 0333 999 7951 for a flight quote.
Guaranteed: Tour will definitely operate. Book Now!
Available: Tour will be guaranteed once minimum numbers reached. Book Now!
Limited: Last few seats remaining. Book Now!
Contact Us: Seats may be available. Please contact us.
For 8 or more travellers, we can organise a totally private departure just for you and your group. We can offer you a departure date of your choice on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy our classic 'Trek' style of travel. Can't find a trip that suits your needs exactly? Let us tailor one of our traditional trips, or even create a bespoke itinerary. We will work with you to plan your adventure and with the benefit of our in depth knowledge we can build you a unique experience within your budgets and bucket lists!
Read more about arranging your Private Group here >
We've offer a whole range of travel extras with everything from city sightseeing, additional hotel nights, insurance and more so you can organise everything you'll need for your trip in one easy place.
If you are spending extra time in our gateway cities, you can now plan in advance by pre-booking unique city sightseeing day tours in addition to your TrekAmerica trip.
- SAN FRANCISCO & LOS ANGELES
- All city day tours are operated by local experts who are dedicated to take you behind the scenes so you know it like a local! When booking your TrekAmerica trip, simply select your chosen city tour from the Tour Extras section on the online booking form.
- > View City Tours
Click any image below to view in an enlarged gallery.
TrekAmerica Live Reviews
Read the latest Western Wonder San Fran to LA reviews below, powered by our social website - TrekAmerica Live.
Check out TrekAmerica Live to view live updates and read forum posts for this trip.
Been on this trip? Leave a review here