7 days from
- Trek Code:
- USA West
- Camping & Lodging
- Age Range:
- > Explore Yosemite & Grand Canyon National Park
- > Tour Vegas in style with an included limousine ride
- > Travel along the original Route 66
What a week in Southwest USA! A double dose of national park adventure, sandwiched between three of the West's most unforgettable cities, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco. We promise canyons, casinos, cacti, and fun times along the iconic Route 66.
Au Pair Discount - Save 20%
All au pairs receive a 20% discount off all published prices displayed in the Dates & Prices tab. To receive your discount enter "333000" into the Discount Code field on the first page of the booking system and enter your Counselor, Coordinator or Area Director's details when prompted. Alternatively, quote the code and details to our reservations staff for telephone bookings. Discount cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Cruise around Las Vegas in a super-stretch limo
- Enjoy the glitz & glamour of Hollywood
- Dip in the cool waters of the Colorado River
- Journey along the famous Route 66
- Experience the epic Grand Canyon at sunset or sunrise
- See the bright lights of Las Vegas
- Yosemite's striking peaks & Giant Sequoias
- Walk San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
- National park admission to Yosemite & Grand Canyon
- Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader
- Private transportation with free Wi-Fi
- All accommodation - 4 camping & 2 hotel nights included
- All camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
You can now check your email and update Facebook, Twitter and TrekAmerica Live while on the road with our wi-fi enabled vehicles. (Maximum 5 users at a time. Fair usage restrictions may apply. Only available in USA).
Our Western Wonder Trek Tips include all you need to know about this Trek. They contain all the trip details, plus information on everything from visas to spending money and what to pack.
Download Trek Tips >
Our tours are aimed at young international travellers from around the world, aged 18 to 38, all with a sense of fun and a keen desire to explore. If you're travelling alone, don't worry... over 70% of our passengers are solo travellers and you'll soon be surrounded with like-minded people of a similar age who will quickly become your new best mates. Plus there are no single supplements.
Our tour price includes your own tour leader plus all transport and accommodation, so all you have to pay for are food, drinks and optional activities. Take a moment to add up all the costs of doing it yourself, and it soon becomes clear that a TrekAmerica trip offers fantastic value for money!
Read more about TrekAmerica here >
Our routes have been carefully chosen to include the best overnight stops, highlights and included experiences, with plenty of optional activities to choose from. No two Trek trips are the same, with stops at some of your tour leader's favourite places and occasional changes to the itinerary, so get ready for one awesome adventure!
There are loads of exciting optional activities for you to choose from during your trip giving you the flexibility to do the things you want to and leave out the things you don't. Below are the most popular activities for this trip which can be arranged via your tour leader and paid for locally. Please note all costs are subject to change. Please note that not all optional activities may available on every tour and prices are subject to change.
- > Helicopter flight - Grand Canyon US$284
- > IMAX Theater - Grand Canyon US$15
- > Clubs & casino shows - Las Vegas US$10+
- > Bike rental - Yosemite US$12-$34
- > Helicopter flight - Las Vegas US$115
- > Float trip on the Merced River - Yosemite US$31
- > Roller coasters - Las Vegas US$14-$30
- > Gun range - Las Vegas US$20-$100
- > Go karting - Las Vegas US$25
- > VIP club tour (includes 4 clubs & limo) - Las Vegas US$100
- > Get married in Las Vegas (not legally binding) US$220
As this tour departs at 0730 we recommend that you book pre-tour accommodation. Please request hotel details at the time of booking.
Day 1-2: Los Angeles, Colorado River & Grand Canyon
After a short tour of Hollywood you'll leave city life behind you and travel through California to the vast cactus-prickled desert of Arizona. Spend an evening along the Colorado River before exploring America's premier national park, and witness for the very first time, the epic Grand Canyon. You'll soon see why this natural wonder attracts tons of visitors each year. Keep your feet firmly on the ground or soar above the stunning landscape on an optional helicopter flight. One thing's for sure, this place looks incredible from any angle, but to see it in all its majestic glory head over to the rim and watch the sun rise or sunset. Trust us when we say you'll never have seen anything so beautiful!
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 3-4: Las Vegas
Today you drive along a section of the original route 66 to the town of Seligman which stands frozen in time and is a great place to pick up some fab Route 66 memorabilia for your friends and family back home. Next stop is Las Vegas for the ultimate party pit stop! The Strip, the shows, the casinos, the clubs; Sin City's glitziest and hottest spots are sure to impress as you cruise the Las Vegas Boulevard on an included limo ride! If heights don't scare you, head to the top of the Stratosphere to ride some of the world's highest roller coasters or take a helicopter flight down The Strip and see this neon city from the sky. It's also possible to get married in Vegas (don't worry, it's not legally binding unless you want it to be) so live for the moment and marry whoever (and whatever) you like!
Accommodation: Hotel included
Day 5-6: Yosemite National Park
Leave the desert behind you and head west through the beautiful Californian countryside eventually arriving in Yosemite National Park. Here you'll get the opportunity to hike or bike through the extraordinary landscape of glacier-carved granite monoliths and spectacular waterfalls. Once you hit the trails, keep your eyes peeled and your cameras at the ready for some incredible wildlife sightings. Bears often frequent the area and when the sun goes down listen out for coyotes howling amidst the pines and Sequoias. This is a paradise for any lover of the outdoors and whatever activities you get up to in Yosemite, you're sure to have a blast.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 7: San Francisco
Today is the final day of your Trek adventure, but that doesn't mean the fun is over, oh no! Your next and final stop is the awesome city of San Francisco, famous for its waterfront full of tasty seafood and what is probably one of the world's most iconic landmarks, the Golden Gate Bridge. Explore the quirky bars and cafes where the beatnik generation hung out or grab a bite to eat in Chinatown. You'll never be bored in San Francisco, so grab your new found friends and say goodbye in style!
This tour ends at our gateway hotel at approximately 17:00 hrs. We recommend you book post-tour accommodation if time allows. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
Book Your Trip Online
- You only need to pay a deposit with full payment due 8 weeks before departure.
- There are no credit card fees or hidden surcharges.
- We are an ABTA and ATOL operator offering financial security for our inclusive tours.
- Prices below are land only. Call us on 0333 999 7951 for a flight inclusive quote.
- We run a Food Kitty on this trip - you will need to contribute US$10 a day which covers all your meals whilst camping.
- You will need adequate travel insurance to join this trip. Download our insurance tips pdf for more information.
Guaranteed: Tour will definitely operate. Book Now!
Available: Tour will be guaranteed once minimum numbers reached. Book Now!
Limited: Tour is guaranteed with last few seats remaining. Book Now!
Contact Us: Seats may be available. Please contact us.
Why not arrange your own TrekAmerica departure? For groups of 8 or more, we can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy our classic "Trek" style of travel at special rates. Although tours will run as per our standard itinerary shown here, slight modifications may be considered and dates can be chosen to suit your needs. (Subject to seasonal/operational restrictions). So contact us today and start planning your own adventure.
We've offer a whole range of travel extras with everything from city sightseeing, additional hotel nights, insurance and more so you can organise everything you'll need for your trip in one easy place.
If you are spending extra time in our gateway cities, you can now plan in advance by pre-booking unique city sightseeing day tours in addition to your TrekAmerica trip.
- LOS ANGELES & SAN FRANCISCO
- All city day tours are operated by local experts who are dedicated to take you behind the scenes so you know it like a local! When booking your TrekAmerica trip, simply select your chosen city tour from the Tour Extras section on the online booking form.
- > View City Tours
Click any image below to view in an enlarged gallery.
TrekAmerica Live Reviews
Read the latest Western Wonder reviews below, powered by our social website - TrekAmerica Live.
Check out TrekAmerica Live to view live updates and read forum posts for this trip.
Been on this trip? Leave a review here