7 days from
- Trek Code:
- USA West
- Age Range:
- > Explore Yosemite and Grand Canyon National Park
- > Tour Vegas in style with an included limousine ride
- > Travel along the original Route 66
What a week in Southwest USA! A double dose of National Park adventure, sandwiched right between three of its most unforgettable cities. Follow the route as shown below or go in reverse. In any case, we promise canyons, casinos and cacti, and the iconic Route 66.
- Limousine ride in Las Vegas
- Grand Canyon sunrise or sunset
- See towering granite peaks in Yosemite
- Get your kicks on Route 66 and visit Seligman
- Scenic walks and hikes
- Incredible National Parks - Yosemite and Grand Canyon
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
- City tour of San Francisco and Hollywood
- Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader
- Private transportation with free Wi-Fi
- All accommodation - 4 camping & 2 hotel nights included
- All camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
You can now check your email and update Facebook, Twitter and TrekAmerica Live while on the road with our wi-fi enabled vehicles. (Maximum 5 users at a time. Fair usage restrictions may apply. Only available in USA & Alaska).
14 days from LOS ANGELES
Coast, cities and parks combine on this classic camping tour.> Read more
7 days from LOS ANGELES
Visit the highlights of the Southwest on this budget lodging tour.> Read more
Our routes have been carefully chosen to include the best night stops and highlights. However, as local conditions and passenger requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your Trek Leader you may modify certain night stops and highlights to give a truly unique experience!
There are loads of exciting optional activities for you to choose from during your trip giving you the flexibility to do the things you want to and leave out the things you don't. Below are the main optional activities for this trip, these can be arranged once you are on tour via your Tour Leader and are paid for locally.
- > Grand Canyon helicopter flight US$244-$274
- > Grand Canyon IMAX theater US$15
- > Las Vegas clubs & casino shows US$10+
- > Bike rental in Yosemite US$12-$32
- > Las Vegas helicopter flight: US$115
- > Float trip on the Merced River in Yosemite US$30
- > Las Vegas rollercoasters US$4-$30
- > Las Vegas Gun Range from US$30
- > Go Karting in Las Vegas US$25
- > Las Vegas VIP Club Tour (includes 4 clubs & limo) US$100
As this tour departs at 0730 we recommend that you book pre-tour accommodation. Please request hotel details at the time of booking.
Day 1-2: Los Angeles, Colorado River & Grand Canyon
After a short tour of Hollywood we bid the City of Angels farewell and head through California on day one to the vast swathes of Arizona's cactus-prickled desert. After spending an evening along the Colorado River we explore America's premier National Park, and find out why it is called the Grand Canyon. Keep your feet firmly on the ground or swoop above it all on an optional helicopter flight. One thing's for sure though, this place looks incredible from any angle, especially walking along the rim at sunset.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 3-4: Las Vegas
Today we drive along a section of the original route 66 to the town of Seligman which stands frozen in a time. Next, Las Vegas - the greatest show on earth! The Strip, the shows, the casinos, the clubs; Sin City's glitziest and brashest spots are sure to impress as you cruise the Las Vegas Boulevard on an included limo ride! Hop onto one of the world's highest thrill rides at Vegas' Stratosphere and it won't just be your head that's spinning. And if that's not enough, take a helicopter flight down The Strip or just gamble the night away in one of the world class casinos.
Accommodation: Hotels included in tour price
Day 5-6: Yosemite National Park
Heading through Central California we take a scenic drive into the Yosemite National Park region and a chance to hike or bike through the extraordinary landscape of glacier-carved granite monoliths and spectacular waterfalls. Keep your eyes peeled for black bears. Coyote roam freely as well and when the sun goes down, their howling often echoes amidst pines and sequoias. Admit it, this is what clicks the spirit of the great outdoors up a notch or two.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 7: San Francisco
On our last day together we head back west through California's gold country, where in 1848 the finding of a single nugget triggered a stampede of gold-seekers known as the 49'ers, before arriving at the home of the beatnik generation, San Francisco.
This tour ends at our gateway hotel at approximately 17:00 hrs. We can book you post-tour accommodation at our gateway hotel if required. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
Book Your Trip Online
- > You only need to pay a 10% deposit or (whichever is greatest)
- > Full payment is due 8 weeks before the tour departure
- > We're members of ABTA and fully financially bonded so your money is 100% safe at all times
- > If you prefer to book by telephone please contact our UK sales office
- > Prices below are land only. Call us on 0844 576 1400 for a flight inclusive quote
- We run a Food Kitty on this trip - you will need to contribute US$10 a day which covers all your meals whilst camping.
- You will need adequate travel insurance to join this trip. Download our insurance tips pdf for more information.
Guaranteed: Tour will definitely operate. Book Now!
Available: Tour will be guaranteed once minimum numbers reached. Book Now!
Limited: Tour is guaranteed with last few seats remaining. Book Now!
Contact Us: Seats may be available. Please contact us.
Why not arrange your own TrekAmerica departure? For groups of 8 or more, we can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy our classic "Trek" style of travel at special rates. Although tours will run as per our standard itinerary shown here, slight modifications may be considered and dates can be chosen to suit your needs. (Subject to seasonal/operational restrictions). So contact us today and start planning your own adventure.
We've offer a whole range of travel extras with everything from city sightseeing, additional hotel nights, insurance and more so you can organise everything you'll need for your trip in one easy place.
If you are spending extra time in our gateway cities, you can now plan in advance by pre-booking unique city sightseeing day tours in addition to your TrekAmerica trip.
- LOS ANGELES & SAN FRANCISCO
- All city day tours are operated by local experts who are dedicated to take you behind the scenes so you know it like a local! When booking your TrekAmerica trip, simply select your chosen city tour from the Tour Extras section on the online booking form.
- > View City Tours
Click any image below to view in an enlarged gallery.
TrekAmerica Live Reviews
Read the latest Western Wonder reviews below, powered by our community website - TrekAmerica Live.
Been on this trip? Leave a review here