7 days from
- Trek Code:
- USA West
- Age Range:
- > Explore Yosemite and Grand Canyon National Park
- > Tour Vegas in style with an included limousine ride
- > Travel along the original Route 66
What a week in Southwest USA! A double dose of National Park adventure, sandwiched right between three of its most unforgettable cities. Follow the route as shown below or go in reverse. In any case, we promise canyons, casinos and cacti, and the iconic Route 66.
- Limousine ride in Las Vegas
- Grand Canyon sunrise or sunset
- See towering granite peaks in Yosemite
- Get your kicks on Route 66 and visit Seligman
- Scenic walks and hikes
- Incredible National Parks - Yosemite and Grand Canyon
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
- City tour of San Francisco and Hollywood
- Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader
- Private transportation with free Wi-Fi
- All accommodation - 4 camping & 2 hotel nights included.
- All camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
You can now check your email and update Facebook, Twitter and TrekAmerica Live while on the road with our wi-fi enabled vehicles. (Maximum 5 users at a time. Fair usage restrictions may apply. Only available in USA).
Our Western Wonder Trek Tips include all you need to know about this Trek. They contain all the trip details, plus information on everything from visas to spending money and what to pack.
(Adobe Acrobat is required to read this pdf)
Download Trek Tips >
Our tours are aimed at young international travellers from around the world, aged 18 to 38, all with a sense of fun and a keen desire to explore. If you're travelling alone, don't worry... over 70% of our passengers are solo travellers and you'll soon be surrounded with like-minded people of a similar age who will quickly become your new best mates. Plus there are no single supplements.
Our tour price includes your own tour leader plus all transport and accommodation, so all you have to pay for are food, drinks and optional activities. Take a moment to add up all the costs of doing it yourself, and it soon becomes clear that a TrekAmerica trip offers fantastic value for money!
Read more about TrekAmerica here >
14 days from LOS ANGELES
Coast, cities and parks combine on this classic camping tour.> Read more
7 days from LOS ANGELES
Visit the highlights of the Southwest on this budget lodging tour.> Read more
Our routes have been carefully chosen to include the best night stops and highlights. However, as local conditions and passenger requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your Trek Leader you may modify certain night stops and highlights to give a truly unique experience!
There are loads of exciting optional activities for you to choose from during your trip giving you the flexibility to do the things you want to and leave out the things you don't. Below are the main optional activities for this trip, these can be arranged once you are on tour via your Tour Leader and are paid for locally.
- > Grand Canyon helicopter flight US$254-$284
- > Grand Canyon IMAX theater US$15
- > Las Vegas clubs & casino shows US$10+
- > Bike rental in Yosemite US$12-$32
- > Las Vegas helicopter flight: US$115
- > Float trip on the Merced River in Yosemite US$30
- > Las Vegas rollercoasters US$4-$30
- > Las Vegas Gun Range from US$50
- > Go Karting in Las Vegas US$25
- > Las Vegas VIP Club Tour (includes 4 clubs & limo) US$100
- > Get married in Las Vegas (not legally binding) US$221
As this tour departs at 0730 we recommend that you book pre-tour accommodation. Please request hotel details at the time of booking.
Day 1-2: Los Angeles, Colorado River & Grand Canyon
After a short tour of Hollywood you'll leave city life behind you and travel through California to the vast swathes of Arizona's cactus-prickled desert. After spending an evening along the Colorado River you'll explore America's premier National Park and you'll soon see why this epic natural wonder attracts tons of visitors each year. Keep your feet firmly on the ground or soar above this stunning landscape on an optional helicopter flight. One thing's for sure though, this place looks incredible from any angle, but to see it in all its majestic glory head over to the rim and watch the sun rise. Trust us when we say you'll never have seen anything so beautiful!
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 3-4: Las Vegas
Today you drive along a section of the original route 66 to the town of Seligman which stands frozen in time and is a great place to pick up some fab Route 66 memorabilia for your friends and family back home. Next stop is Las Vegas for the ultimate party pit stop! The Strip, the shows, the casinos, the clubs; Sin City's glitziest and brashest spots are sure to impress as you cruise the Las Vegas Boulevard on an included limo ride! If you're fan of heights hop onto one of the world's highest thrill rides at Vegas' Stratosphere, if that's not enough excitement for you, take a helicopter flight down The Strip and see this neon city from the sky. It's also very possible to get married in Vegas (don't worry, it's not legally binding unless you want it to be!) so live for the moment, and marry whoever (and whatever) you like!
Accommodation: Hotels included in tour price
Day 5-6: Yosemite National Park
Leave the desert behind you and head west through beautiful Californian countryside eventually making into the Yosemite National Park region, here you will get the opportunity to hike or bike through the extraordinary landscape of glacier-carved granite monoliths and spectacular waterfalls. Once inside Yosemite, keep your eyes peeled and your cameras at the ready for some incredible wildlife sightings. Bears often frequent the area and when the sun goes down listen out for coyotes howling amidst the pines and sequoias. This is a paradise for any lover of the outdoors and whatever activities you get up to in Yosemite, you're sure to have a blast.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 7: San Francisco
On your last day with your fellow Trekkers you head back to the bright lights of another exciting city on California's west coast. Famous for its waterfront full of tasty seafood and what is probably one of the world's most iconic landmarks, the Golden Gate Bridge. Explore the quirky bars and cafes where the beatnik generation hung out or grab a bite to eat in Chinatown. You'll never be bored in San Francisco, there are heaps of things to do and see.
This tour ends at our gateway hotel at approximately 17:00 hrs. We can book you post-tour accommodation at our gateway hotel if required. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
Book Your Trip Online
- > You only need to pay a deposit
- > Full payment is due 8 weeks before the tour departure
- > We are an ABTA and ATOL operator offering financial security for our inclusive tours.
- > If you prefer to book by telephone please contact our UK sales office
- > Prices below are land only. Call us on 0844 576 1400 for a flight inclusive quote
- We run a Food Kitty on this trip - you will need to contribute US$10 a day which covers all your meals whilst camping.
- You will need adequate travel insurance to join this trip. Download our insurance tips pdf for more information.
Guaranteed: Tour will definitely operate. Book Now!
Available: Tour will be guaranteed once minimum numbers reached. Book Now!
Limited: Tour is guaranteed with last few seats remaining. Book Now!
Contact Us: Seats may be available. Please contact us.
Why not arrange your own TrekAmerica departure? For groups of 8 or more, we can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy our classic "Trek" style of travel at special rates. Although tours will run as per our standard itinerary shown here, slight modifications may be considered and dates can be chosen to suit your needs. (Subject to seasonal/operational restrictions). So contact us today and start planning your own adventure.
We've offer a whole range of travel extras with everything from city sightseeing, additional hotel nights, insurance and more so you can organise everything you'll need for your trip in one easy place.
If you are spending extra time in our gateway cities, you can now plan in advance by pre-booking unique city sightseeing day tours in addition to your TrekAmerica trip.
- LOS ANGELES & SAN FRANCISCO
- All city day tours are operated by local experts who are dedicated to take you behind the scenes so you know it like a local! When booking your TrekAmerica trip, simply select your chosen city tour from the Tour Extras section on the online booking form.
- > View City Tours
Click any image below to view in an enlarged gallery.
TrekAmerica Live Reviews
Read the latest Western Wonder reviews below, powered by our community website - TrekAmerica Live.
Been on this trip? Leave a review here