7 days from
- Trek Code:
- USA East
- Age Range:
- > Visit the Amish community in Pennsylvania
- > Washington DC's history and Boston's nightlife
- > Get soaked on a Niagara Falls boat cruise!
For those who are short on time, this tour offers the highlights of America's east, from famous cities and Amish communities to scenic Appalachian forests and mountains. Experience charming small-town flavour and the power of Niagara Falls. Relive the rich history and experience the modern excitement and gentle beauty of this fascinating region.
- Niagara Falls Maid of the Mist Cruise
- Sightseeing in Washington DC
- Philadelphia's Liberty Bell and famous 'Rocky' steps
- Visit an Amish community in Lancaster
- Rolling New England scenery
- Relive the revolution in Boston's historic neighbourhoods
- Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader
- Private transportation with free Wi-Fi
- All accommodation - 5 camping & 1 hostel nights.
- All camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
You can now check your email and update Facebook, Twitter and TrekAmerica Live while on the road with our wi-fi enabled vehicles. (Maximum 5 users at a time. Fair usage restrictions may apply. Only available in USA).
14 days from NEW YORK AREA
Chic cities, country vibes and natural wonders on this camping tour> Read more
9 days from NEW YORK AREA
Our lodging based loop highlighting the super star cities of the East> Read more
Our routes have been carefully chosen to include the best night stops and highlights. However, as local conditions and passenger requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your Trek Leader you may modify certain night stops and highlights to give a truly unique experience!
There are loads of exciting optional activities for you to choose from during your trip giving you the flexibility to do the things you want to and leave out the things you don't. Below are the main optional activities for this trip, these can be arranged once you are on tour via your Tour Leader and are paid for locally.
- > Smithsonian National Museums US$FREE
- > Walking the Freedom Trail in Boston US$FREE
- > Cave of the Winds tour at Niagara US$11
- > Visit the famous 'Cheers' bar in Boston US$FREE
- > Bike rental in Washington DC US$15-$35
- > Baseball Game in Boston US$15-$40
- > Lancaster - Amish Museums US$10-$30
- > Paddleboats in Boston US$25 per hour
As this tour departs at 0730 we recommend that you book pre-tour accommodation. Please request hotel details at the time of booking.
Day 1-2: New York Area, Philadelphia & Washington DC
First stop is Philadelphia, or 'Philly' if you want to be down with the locals. Check out the Liberty Bell, eat a famous and oh so delicious Philly Cheese Sandwich and climb the steps from the movie 'Rocky'! Cast your eyes on Independence Hall where brave men gathered at the Pennsylvania State House and defied the King of England, an event which helped shape the U.S. Constitution. You may want to head down to Reading Terminal Market for local mouth-watering aromas and local flavours. As the day starts to turn to night, why not hit the city for an evening illuminated view of the famous icons such as the White House, Jefferson Monument and Capitol Hill. When it comes to DC's museums 'Land of the Free' is spot on and the sensational Smithsonian is well worth a visit. For the sport fans amongst you, why not take an optional trip to a baseball game (in season) to ensure day two is full to bursting.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 3: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Turn up the music and enjoy the scenic drive through a countryside that inspired a nation to fight for its freedom. Stop by an Amish community and experience a way of life that has changed in over 200 years, Be prepared to feel completely humbled as you see these people who live for family life and keep things simple with no mod-cons. Tonight, your home is under a million stars, and this is where you really start to settle in to a simple life of your very own.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 4: Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is three waterfalls all rolled into one, so you can only manage how epic it will be to witness this natural wonder with your own two eyes. From the edge of Lake Ontario you'll see the sensation of crashing water is stupendous and the noise just as immense, Niagara Falls really is one of America's greatest national attractions. For the ultimate front row seat hop aboard the Maid of the Mist cruise and get up close to the majestic falls, just prepared to get a little wet.
Accommodation: Camping included
Day 5: The Berkshires
City folk can't resist hiding out here in the summer months and you'll soon figure out why. With forested hills, quaint farmyards and colourful meadows aplenty, it would be rude not to hit some of the beautiful trails here, for a lovely evening stroll. This is 100% New England and you're sure to be impressed with this little country getaway.
Day 6: Boston
Boston or Bean Town as the locals call it is the home to the Freedom Trail. Relive the Revolution as you walk around this exciting city visiting historical sites that uncover America's significant past and let the Faneuil Hall's street performers, stores and eateries tell their own Bostonian tale. Lounge and watch the locals from the lawns of Boston Common, then pop across to the famous "Cheers" bar for a cheeky beverage. To top off a great day in Boston, why not try the local taste sensation 'Daddy's Dough'? A fried dough delicacy which the locals swear by and so do we!
Accommodation: Hostel included in tour price
Day 7: Boston to New York Area
From one great city to another, make sure you give yourself an extra day or two before or after the tour to explore the sights and sounds of New York City. From the bright lights of Times Square to the quirky borough of Brooklyn, this city has so much to offer everyone. Splurge along Fifth Ave, hit the top of the Empire State Building, or soak up the trendy, laidback vibe of Greenwich Village before heading home. For the ultimate slice of New York, jump on an Urban Adventure or even take a helicopter flight for an aerial view of the city.
This tour ends at our gateway hotel at approximately 17:00 hrs. We can book you post-tour accommodation at our gateway hotel if required. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
Book Your Trip Online
- > You only need to pay a deposit
- > Full payment is due 8 weeks before the tour departure
- > We are an ABTA and ATOL operator offering financial security for our inclusive tours.
- > If you prefer to book by telephone please contact our UK sales office
- > Prices below are land only. Call us on 0844 576 1400 for a flight inclusive quote
- We run a Food Kitty on this trip - you will need to contribute US$10 a day which covers all your meals whilst camping
- You will need adequate travel insurance to join this trip. Download our insurance tips pdf for more information.
Guaranteed: Tour will definitely operate. Book Now!
Available: Tour will be guaranteed once minimum numbers reached. Book Now!
Limited: Tour is guaranteed with last few seats remaining. Book Now!
Contact Us: Seats may be available. Please contact us.
Why not arrange your own TrekAmerica departure? For groups of 8 or more, we can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy our classic "Trek" style of travel at special rates. Although tours will run as per our standard itinerary shown here, slight modifications may be considered and dates can be chosen to suit your needs. (Subject to seasonal/operational restrictions). So contact us today and start planning your own adventure.
We've offer a whole range of travel extras with everything from city sightseeing, additional hotel nights, insurance and more so you can organise everything you'll need for your trip in one easy place.
If you are spending extra time in our gateway cities, you can now plan in advance by pre-booking unique city sightseeing day tours in addition to your TrekAmerica trip.
- NEW YORK
- All city day tours are operated by local experts who are dedicated to take you behind the scenes so you know it like a local! When booking your TrekAmerica trip, simply select your chosen city tour from the Tour Extras section on the online booking form.
- > View City Tours
Click any image below to view in an enlarged gallery.
TrekAmerica Live Reviews
Read the latest Freedom Trail reviews below, powered by our community website - TrekAmerica Live.
Been on this trip? Leave a review here